BioPlan Associates is always seeking experienced biotechnology healthcare and life sciences marketing talent.
If you have excellent corporate experience in marketing, information management, or you’re currently providing marketing research, or management consulting to life sciences or healthcare clients and are ready to move your career forward now, contact us today.
Current Positions Available:
Senior Director, Global Biotechnology Market Analysis and Strategy
Job Description PDF
For over 30 years, BioPlan Associates, Inc. has provided market research services, customer needs analysis, and publications and reports for the life sciences and biopharmaceutical industry.
We are looking for an expert researcher and strategic analyst who has clearly demonstrated he or she can develop deep insights from qualitative research, communicate well, and has a strong desire to create real answers to real-world problems in B2B biopharma and biotech segments…and to present these recommendations, opportunities and strategies to our clients. BioPlan has been providing market research, analysis, strategic marketing and publications for over 30-years. Our virtual teams are located all over the world, and we’re looking for a self-motivated, independent senior staff member to take on major projects, for major biotech clients.
The Senior Director reports to the Managing Partner, and is responsible for:
• Creation, planning, execution, and completion of research projects that provide high-quality recommendations and strategic insights to our global biopharma and biotech clients.
• Analysis and strategy development, interviews, and market sizing.
• Authoring annual reports, peer-reviewed studies, and monthly articles for publications, with strategic assessments.
• Analysis that relies on primary research, financial and market analysis, modeling, etc.
• Effectively interviewing high-level industry experts.
• Ensuring the quality, timeliness, and accuracy of deliverables.
• You will become a world’s expert in virtually every project you prepare. To do so, validated data and insights are required to establish this Subject Matter Expertise.
Market analysis and strategy projects involve B2B products and services used in the production of biologics, diagnostics, and life science tools used in the biotech industry. Job skills include:
- A real passion for uncovering user needs, effectively communicating research insights, and marketing strategy to craft superior reports and presentations for our global clients.
- ‘Detective’ work and interviewing, then creating strategy recommendations based on qualitative research methods and other methods and analysis you have developed.
Job Overview & Responsibilities
This job is for you if demonstrate:
- You’re highly self-motivated; a self-starter with an ‘ownership’ mentality
- A can-do, hands-on attitude and personality
- You’re interested and able to work virtually, off-site, but with close contact to Office
- You produce best-in-class reports and analytical findings, with appropriate strategy recommendations to support our clients’ executive-level, global decision-making
- You are detail-oriented, analytical, and data-driven
- You enjoy working out complex issues and solving business information challenges in biopharma, bioprocessing, and other life-sciences areas
- You are efficient and are able to turn around projects with efficiency, yet not reducing quality expected from best-in-class work
- You’re focused on exceeding clients’ expectations!
- You enjoy a constantly changing variety of projects in an independent work environment
- Ability to manage a rapidly changing projects environment
- You have excellent analytics and writing skills, and enjoy writing like an HBR industry expert
- You enjoy strategic marketing, as well as deep market sizing and technology needs analysis
- You can find industry experts, and establish relationships with your contacts to develop high-level insights; even in entirely new areas, you can locate, and interview senior decision-makers to create a comprehensive strategic story around the data
- You are an expert in strategic analyses leading to actionable recommendations to improve our biopharma and life-sciences clients’ success
- Diplomacy, maturity, and empathy, which are key attributes for success
- Your ethics require you use the highest standards in all business.
Critical Job Skills
Strong interpersonal and interview skills, able to connect with, gather and integrate VP- and C-Level insights from our Panel of Experts, and external industry Subject Matter Experts. Other skills:
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to review research and develop accurate, comprehensive strategic analyses across products, businesses, and markets.
- You will become the global industry expert in a market with double-digit growth, disruptive innovation, and fast-paced change.
- Strong ability to persuade and build confidence and trust to enable your interview and research work; excellent interpersonal communication.
- Strong writing skills. Ability to create concise communications and analytical insights.
- Executive-level presentation and reporting skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving ability to frame problems and identify creative Providing in-depth strategic analysis and recommendations based on findings.
- Impeccable ability to maintain discretion and organizational awareness, and ability to handle and appropriately communicate business-sensitive information.
- Demonstrated intellectual and business acumen: Ability to synthesize information, extract insights, and develop recommendations based on subjective findings that clients can trust.
- Develop databases and information tools on a variety of biologics and biotech segments.
- Ideally, a personal network of biopharma industry observers is a big plus.
- Ability to translate complex analysis into custom studies, articles, reports.
- Public speaking skills a plus; ability to present at conferences, and to client decision-makers.
- Ability to facilitate group meetings and workshops a plus
- Quality control of project deliverables: Ensuring highest quality to deliver client satisfaction
What You Need
- Master’s in a bioscience field; and/or strong background in marketing, business or related.
- MBA, PhD or other professional designations a plus.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience related to market research and strategy, including exposure to marketing and sales.
- Legally authorized to work permanently in the United States without employer sponsorship.
BioPlan Associates, Inc.
2275 Research Blvd, Suite 500
Rockville, MD 20850
BioPlan Delivers Quality and Global Expertise
We are a highly focused strategic market analysis and publications firm in the global industry. For over 30 years we have created a global reputation for superior quality in our work, and are known as the go-to-brand for global answers in Biotech. Our staff in the US and China are supported by a network of industry experts. We have earned the confidence of the industry with a reputation for ethics that we carefully protect. We have always subscribed to the philosophy that our work is the most valuable when we do the least required of us by our clients. That approach maximizes the value of what we provide. As a result, we are driven by offering a high value, 100% client-focused approach to our work. We provide effective, quality-driven expertise. From our efficiency we are able to provide the strategic insights based on valid market research that our biopharma and life sciences clients need to succeed.
Join a diverse and collaborative, small global team of biotechnology strategy researchers who, for 30 years, have worked directly with clients worldwide to conduct market research as we develop a high-level strategy. We provide a unique focus on B2B market strategy for our global clients, which supply the biologics and vaccines industries. Our research includes due diligence, market and pricing strategy, market sizing, trends analysis, new technology introductions, brand assessments, and market launches—all aimed at improving our clients’ decision-making.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We encourage and trust our staff to take initiative, and we recognize the best efforts that come from trying new approaches. We also seek uniqueness and offer the flexibility to make daily choices that can help our staff and partners to be confident in decision-making.