International Biopharma Spotlight
A Society for Industrial Microbiology and BioPlan Associates co-publication
Every organization has a China strategy, though for many of us it is simply “ignore it.” A great opportunity exists in working with China and implementing an effective company strategy. However, winning in Asia in the new millennium will require fundamental changes in partnerships between western and Asian companies. Every company faces the question “What should our China strategy be?” But to neglect China is to forego opportunities to gain efficiency in most of the things we are trying to do. China provides opportunities that allow us to do different things and not just do things differently.
This volume provides an overview of the biopharmaceutical industry, It provides a ready reference for all aspects of the world of biopharmaceuticals in China, including general understanding, detailed technical and business descriptions, and detailed information on all types of organizations involved in biopharmaceuticals in China, whether they be companies (state owned or privately owned), universities, or government institutions.
Download PDF Brochure [PDF 216k]
Free! Purchasers of Advances in Biopharmaceutical Technology in China also receive a 1-year License to the China Biotherapeutics Database, the only comprehensive English listing of biopharmaceutical products marketed in China.
By the Numbers
- 46 Internationally Recognized Authors
- 23 Peer-Reviewed Chapters
- 1,228 Pages
- 15 Translated Chapters and Case Studies
- 19 Case Studies and China Briefs
- 280 Tables and Figures
- 380 References
- Over 2,000 Index Entries
- Current Listing of over 2,000 Chinese Biopharmaceuticals and Diagnostics (database)
- Chapter 1: Introduction: A China Biopharmaceuticals Strategy
- Chapter 2: An Overview of Biopharmaceutical Developments in China
- Chapter 3: China’s Healthcare System and the Demand for Biopharmaceutical Products
- Chapter 4: China Pharmaceuticals Market Situation 2006
- Chapter 5: Biopharmaceutical Strategy in China: An Analysis of Innovation, Financing Policies, Talent, and Strategic Considerations Through 2010 (11th 5-year Plan)
- Chapter 6: Biopharmaceuticals in China: A Market, Import/Export, and Financial Review
- Chapter 7: Pharmacy and Drug Administration in China
- Chapter 8: Regulatory Requirements Applicable to Clinical Trials in China
- Chapter 9: FDA Requirements Applicable to Testing and Manufacturing Pharmaceutical Products in China for the U. S. Market
- Chapter 10: Protection and Enforcement of Biopharmaceutical Intellectual Property Rights in China – A Rapidly Evolving System
- Chapter 11: Biopharmaceutical Industry Venture Capital Investment in Mainland China
- Chapter 12: Drug Discovery and Development Partnerships: Outsourcing and Partnering with China
- Chapter 13: Doing Business in China
- Chapter 14: Current Status and Future Prospect of Biogeneric Companies in China
- Chapter 15: Biopharmaceutical Products in China
- Chapter 16: Chinese Bioindustry Parks: Evolution and Growth
- Chapter 17: Organizations in China involved in Biopharmaceutical Research and Manufacturing
- Chapter 18: Life Science and Health Science Education in China
- Chapter 19: Biopharmaceutical Research Collaboration between Western and Chinese Life Science
- Chapter 20: Industrial Technology Developments for Chinese Biopharmaceuticals
- Chapter 21: Therapeutic Proteins in China
- Chapter 22: Vaccines in China: Status of the Chinese Vaccine Industry
- Chapter 23: Biotechnology and Analytical Methods in the Modernization of Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Chapter 24: CHINA Briefs (Miscellaneous Articles)
Organization: A Guide to Prospective Partnership
- Arnold & Porter, LLP
- Beijing BaiAo Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Beijing WanTai Biological Product Co., Ltd.
- Business Monitor International
- Chemical Industry Press (China)
- Chiltern International
- China National Center for Biotechnology Development
- China National Development and Reform Commission, Chinese Academy of Macroeconomic Research
- China National Development and Reform Commission, High-Tech Industry Department
- China Pharmaceutical University, College of Life Science and Technology
- Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS), Institute of World Economics and Politics
- Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology, National Advisory Committee for “863 High Technology Program”
- Deacons Hong Kong
- Fudan University, International Finance
- MMD Pharmahe
- Nanjing University, Department of Biochemistry
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of Technology Transfer
- National Vaccine & Serum Institute
- Perkins Coie LLP (Los Angeles)
- Shandong University
- Shanghai CITIC GuoJian Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Tongji University, Investment Research Institute
- Shanghai Venture Capital Corporation
- Shenzhen Neptunus Interlong Biotech Co., Ltd
- Shenzhen ZYPH Intelligence Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan University, West China School of Pharmacy
- Strategic Manufacturing Worldwide, Inc.
- TechNova Medical Services
- Tsinghua University, School of Medicine
- 3DBGlobal, Inc.